8.02.2006

no idea what to title this post

It's nice to know I have some regular readers. Feel free to comment. For example, you could write: "boring post, if this is a travel blog, why are you writing about other stuff?". Or you could write: "good point, but I think your dead wrong." Or, you could ask for clarification on some point like: "why isn't the horizon level on the telephone post picture in the "Under the Big Sky" post?". You could even write: "if you posted more often, I might read your blog." Finally, you could take Rachel's cue and post some very kind words, if you particularly liked something.

So 26 days remain. It's really hard to focus on what I have to do at work these days. I have my weekends booked up for the rest of August doing this and that: wedding, cooking, cooking, breakfast, lake, etc. Lot's of cooking.

Last weekend I was out at Hecla Island with my dad's family. Our trip there to car camp at the provincial park campground is an annual tradition. And it usually involves food. Food preparation and eating it, of course, is one of the things we do for entertainment. My group cooked up a 3-dish Thai meal: green mango salad with cilantro; yellow curry with squash and sweet potato and spicy eggplant with Thai basil. It turned out great and kept us busy for a good 4 hours.

No comments: